Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Power Poppy's April Blog Hop!












Hey there friends!  I am so glad to see you back today for Power Poppy's April Blog Hop!  The Bloom Brigade is all together today to give you one last look at the stamp sets in Marcella's Scents and Sensibility Collection.  Do you think your heart can take one more hop?  And even better....all of the stamps are available today in Power Poppy's store!  So wait no more, go forth and grab up all three of these gorgeous sets and add them to your own personal garden today!  ;)  But before you do, can I show you my card?  I chose to use the Daffodils set for today's hop...




When I saw that glorious bouquet of daffodils, I knew that was the one for me.  I mean, the whole set is amazing, but I just knew I had to color that bouquet up.  And I also knew I would probably end up using most of the Copic markers in my bag....lol.  I wanted to make a wide variation of colors in the bouquet so that calls for extra markers, right?  ;)




I wanted the entire focus to be on this beautiful bouquet so I kept the card layering to a minimum (for me, anyway) and amped up the color on my image.  I will admit I spent a good little while coloring up this image, but I think most of the time was spent ogling all of the daffodil varieties online trying to decide how I wanted to color each one. I stamped my image on to white card stock with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink and then set in to coloring.  Once I was done, I die cut my image and sponged on some Ranger Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass.  Next I stamped my sentiment, die cut it out, sponged on more of the distress ink and layered it with another die cut.  For my card I embossed a piece of yellow patterned paper, sanded it a bit, and then added a strip of blue patterned paper and some die cut edging that resembled a postage stamp.  I added my stitching and then adhered it to my card base.  Finally, I added my image panel and sentiment panel and hit some of the blooms with my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen for some sparkle.  




And there they all are, with all of that Marcella incredible detail, sending daffodil hugs to you!  :) I love this sentiment....I am SO a hugger, so I'll be using this sentiment often and sending hugs all over the place!   Oh, and lest I forget the Grape Hyacinth....no small players in this bouquet for sure!  I love the contrast that they bring with the many varieties of daffodils and jonquils...all so beautifully orchestrated by our floral conductor, Marcella.   In fact, if you listen close....I'll bet you can hear Vivaldi's "Spring" right now... ;)  

Well, that is all for my card today but the rest of the Bloom Brigade has the most beautiful things to show you for this last hurrah, so please make sure to hop around and see for yourself.  And....once you're done a-hoppin' you can go a-shoppin' because like I said before, all of these amazing sets are available today!  Thank you so much for stopping by today and for all of your sweet comments.  I always enjoy our visits!  Oh, and Power Poppy will be having their next Power and Spark Challenge coming soon....you don't want to miss that!  So, until next time, take care!  :)

Cindy Lawrence  
Dawn Burnworth  
Julie Koerber 
Kathy Jones 
Katie Sims <------You are here
Leslie Miller 
Stacy Morgan 
Tosha Leyendekker
and Marcella Hawley

~Katie

Supplies:  Paper-Naturals White card stock from Stampin' Up!, Classic White card stock from Flourishes, Patterned papers from Carta Bella's "Traditions" 6x6 paper pad; Ink-Memento's Tuxedo Black ink, Papertrey Ink's Chamomile and Chai inks, Ranger Distress ink in Tumbled Glass; Other-Wood grain impression plate from PTI, Spellbinders dies in Classic Square Large, Classic Circles Small,  A2 Fancy Postage Edge, and Lacey Circles and these Copic colors:  YG21, YG61, YG63, YG67, YG91, B21, B26, B28, B63, E000, E01, E40, E43, E44, E57, E59, E93, E97, Y00, Y04, Y08, Y11, Y13, Y15, Y17, Y18, Y19, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y32, Y38, YR18, YR27, YR30, YR31, and YR27.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, Miss Katie, I love Vivaldi's "Spring" and can just hear it now!! How gorgeous is this image or what? And your coloring is exquisite and so beautiful and really does this image justice! You're right about all the beauties in it, and I love the grape hyacinth to add its own little charm and color spark. Beautiful layout with your stitching and embossing...truly another gorgeous "Katie" card! Hugs (yes, I too am a hugger and will use this sentiment a lot)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You do such a great job coloring! I love the new stamp release, just in time for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! I love that you have a variety on your bouquet and those papers are perf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, your focal image really pops with the muted DP! I just love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness!! Katie this is gorgeous!!! Love the way you've coloured up this bouquet to create the different varieties of Daffodil!! This card would make anyone smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thud.... Oh girl... I think this is amazing. You may have used every color in your bag but worth everyone of them. Fantastic coloring, gorgeous display of daffodils!!! Gorgeous all around in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love this stamp, and your coloring is just....WOW! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty, I do like how the stamp takes up the whole panel, pretty sponging and lovely coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your colouring on this is just so beautiful! I LOVE how you shaded your whites. You made this bouquet shine Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I hear it! Lover of classical music here, and Vivaldi's Four Seasons is a favorite! What better music for these daffodils to dance to? And you really made them dance, Katie! Your coloring is simply amazing and perfect! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, another masterpiece! Your colouring always inspires me, this bouquet is stunning! I love that you coloured the daffodils different colours. Love everything about this card - you have a good eye for details! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well all that ogling sure did produce some gorgeous flowers. Your shading is unreal. You have brought this pretty bouquet to life Katie girl!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love this card. Stunning coloring! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete