Friday, March 13, 2015

It's Another Awesome Power Poppy Friday!














Hi there and a very happy Friday to you!  Have you had a good week?  Checked out the latest goings on over at the Power Poppy Blog?  Have you been able to get in any crafty time lately?  I hope so!  I was able to sneak in my craft room for a bit this week to put together a card for a sweet friend of mine.  To say that she loves cauliflower would probably be an understatement so I thought this darling little cauliflower image  from the Farmer's Market set would be perfect for a card for her!





I started by stamping my little basket of cauliflower on to card stock with Memento's Tuxedo Black ink.  Next, I colored it in with Copics and fussy cut it out  but I wanted to add a little more dimension without a lot of extra fussy cutting.  Hmmm,  so I took my stylus and made a few indentations from the front so I could then turn it over and really emboss some dots from the back where the cauliflower florets were. After that, I added some sparkle on the florets with my Atyou Spica clear glitter pen.  To finish it off, I stamped the dainty little "Just For You" sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed it with white embossing powder and my heat gun.  Amazing how much detail that wee little sentiment has!  :)  

For my sentiment, I used a die from one of my treasured Marianne Design die sets, Petra's Square Frames.  I thought the shape looked a little like cauliflower.  I stamped the "Share what you Love" sentiment, sponged on some Ranger Distress ink in Peeled Paint and then proceeded to assemble my panels for my card.  Just a couple of patterned papers, stitching, and ribbon treatment set the scene for my sentiment die cut and sparkly cauliflower basket.  




I tried to get a photo to show the dimension of the cauliflower but I am not sure you can really see it in these photos.  I can't recall a time when I have stamped over something I have colored with copics and then heat embossed it...but I think it really turned out great.  Whew!  And first time too.....I was a little nervous since I had already colored the entire image (when will I learn?) but it turned out A-okay this time!  




Don't you just love that sentiment.  I will take it one step further and add with the "peeps that you love"....so this card is going to one big hearted, incredibly creative, cauliflower super freak that I just adore!  ;) 

Ok, so now that I have shown you my card, how about taking a little hop around and see what some of my a-mazing Bloom Brigade sisters created for your Friday inspiration.  And, if you haven't played along with our March Power and Spark Challenge that Tosha Leyendekker threw down last week, you really need to check that out too!  It lasts all month and you could end up winning a stamp set of your choice!  Yay!  Ok, so that's all for me today but I am working on a little something for some upcoming posts (Ahem, April Power Poppy Release, cough cough) so I hope to see you back soon and until then, take care!  :)


Christine Okken   
Dawn Burnworth
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Stacy Morgan 

~Katie


Supplies not listed above:  Paper- Naturals White and Lucky Limeade card stocks from Stampin' Up!, Classic White card stock from Flourishes, patterned papers from My Mind's Eye's "Dolled Up" 6x6 paper pad and Lilybeedesign's "Double Dutch" 6x6 paper pad; Ink-  Versafine Onyx Black ink, Papertrey Ink's Chamomile ink; Other-  Certainly Celery satin ribbon from SU!, white twine and button from PTI, and these Copic colors-  YG0000, YG01, YG21, YG23, YG61, YG63, YG67, E30, E33, E35, E37,E57, E59, W01, W03, N5, N7, and N9.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, Katie!!! I LOVE this card and also love cauliflower too...so your friend has excellent taste! Hehe! What a darling card with this beautifully colored basket of cauliflower! Wow - out of this word!! And I always love seeing some dimension and know that it's far more beautiful IRL! How adorable with the DP...for a country feel! Just love your bow treatment...and always get a tickle reading your posts. Thanks for taking the time to write and share! You are a squeeze, sweet friend! Feel better, and I can hardly wait until April 1! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the green - so earthy, and girlie that basket, I swear it looks like a photograph you have colored it so beautifully. Anyone receiving a card from you is receiving a piece of art made with real heart - just another stunning card from a lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your veggies looks fabulous with the gingham paper and the gorgeous bow! Too cute Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie this is so pretty! I love your green gingham paper along with the woodgrain paper - a perfect combination. Your image looks so real - fantastic colouring - I love when you colour! You always have a way of bringing everything together - your green ribbon - love how you did this and that bit of twine just adds that country/vintage feeling to this card. Can't wait to see what you are working on for the April release- your such a tease! LOL. Have a wonderful weekend, hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new one on me...a cauliflower card. LOL. Sounds like it's just the ticket for your friend. It sure is pretty. Love your idea to emboss the cauliflower. Your so clever. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious and gorgeous!!! What incredible colors, just like in the Farmer's Market that hopefully, will all see in our towns soon. Love the gingham paper, so bright and cheerful and your bow with the twine and button.....oh my goodness, incredible detail, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can even make cauliflower look lovely :) such neat combo of gingham and wood with doily sentiment framing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love this with the gingham and barnwood!! This is the cutest little cauliflower basket and you colored it so beautifully. Bet it looks and feels awesome with the dimension you added. And sparkle, too! Love the white embossing on black, and the green sponging on the sentiment die cut. The pretty bow with button and twine finishes off the country coziness perfectly. Every detail on every card you make is something to love, and each plays off the other to make the finished whole a work of art! I'm so happy when you stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, Katie! It has such a fresh, Spring look with the pretty, green gingham and sweet bow. You always create a masterpiece! ♡Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! The woodgrain is perfect with this sketch. The sentiment tag is awesome and yes this is good enough to eat. ;-)

    ReplyDelete