Friday, May 30, 2014

Power Poppy's June Release Day 3








Well hello there!   Have you been enjoying the new releases from Power Poppy for June so far?  So many wonderful new stamps to play with....I know I have had a blast getting acquainted with them!  I love every single one in this new release and I know you will too.  So why don't we see what Marcella has drawn for us for today's release, shall we?




Hello, Pretty!  Isn't that the sweetest name for this set, Sassy Succulents?!  From the minute I saw this set, I was drawn to all of the intricate details and I don't think I have seen any succulent images out there so I was definitely intrigued!  The sentiments in this set are wonderful!  I selected one and kind of built my card around it....



As you can see, this is a pretty simple layout.  Isn't that sentiment awesome?  My mind immediately went to doing a black and white card so the little rosette could stand out.  She was so fun (and quick) to color!   I am definitely not a succulent aficionado, but I love the ones that are kind of variegated with blue-greens and purples.....so pretty!  She does "stand out"....don't you think?  I started by stamping my rosette with Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto white card stock, colored it with copics, and then fussy cut it out.  Next, I stamped that sweet sentiment onto some white card stock, die cut it out with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen die, sponged on some Ranger Distress ink in Iced Spruce, and added my eyelets.  I attached my colored rosette with a foam dimensional.  Next I used the Hen and Chicks image from the same set and stamped it in more black ink onto a white card stock panel in a random pattern taking care not to overlap too much.  I wanted the delicate details to be seen fully.  I used some black and white gingham ribbon to attach my sentiment panel to the black and white panel.  I framed this assembled panel with a die cut layer of black card stock using Spellbinders Labels Twenty Three.  I really thought the shape resembled the images...what do you think? I assembled the rest of the card and that, as they say, was that.


I really like how this turned out and I will definitely be turning to this sweet set again and again!  So, that is all for my project, but you really should check out all of the awesomeness that my Bloom Brigade sisters have created for you....they do not disappoint!  Also, if you haven't checked out the Power Poppy Blog, you really should....Marcella has some inspiration to share with you too!  I am so glad you could stop by today.  I'll be posting again tomorrow with Day 4 of the Power Poppy Release and it is something many of you have been wanting, I just know it!  Hope to see you back tomorrow....until then, take care.

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence 
Danielle Kennedy   
Julie Koerber  
Katie Sims <------You are here 
Tosha Leyendekker 

~Katie

Supplies:  Images and sentiment-Power Poppy's Sassy Succulents stamp set; Inks- Tuxedo Black Memento ink, Ranger Distress ink in Iced Spruce, White Palette ink; Paper-white card stock, black card stock; Dies-Spellbinders die sets in Labels Eighteen and Labels Twenty-Three; Other-Embossing folder from Stampin' Up, black gingham ribbon, eyelets, 
Crop-a-dile and these Copic colors-G40, G43, G46, RV52, RV55. RV66.

14 comments:

  1. Even since I saw the sneak peek of this, I have been wanting to see the finished card! A long time ago I dated a guy who sold catuses. (spelling?) One day he brought me one that is exactly how you colored yours. It looks great with the black and white color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty Katie! I adore the patterned paper you created with the larger hens & chicks image and your sweet little green and purple fella on the front is too cute! A fabulous card all around my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I absolutely adore this creation! I think that bold black and white and darling gingham is the perfect backdrop for that little Hen & Chick rosette. So fun and happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the muted tones and bg you created. Fab ribbon treatment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and wonderful idea for your pop of colour against the black and white background. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Katie, this is gorgeous! I really love how you've colored your sweet succulent! She is a beauty! We see more of those here in South Florida, and your coloring is spot on! And the layout and design are fabulous (as always)! What fun this set is, and I love that sentiment by Dr. Seuss! Can't wait to see more tomorrow! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Katie, so absolutely perfect! You are right about showing off the detail in the line image background. You know, when I look at your beautifully colored image I wouldn't even know it started out as a plain open-line image. It's almost like having a little coloring lesson -- before and after, and this is how it should look. I just love your design with the embossed background and the gingham ribbon. You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Katie. I love that you went with b&w with just a hint of color in the succulent. And, your layers are so pretty...especially with that embossed border on the white layer. Great ribbon treatment, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Katie! Love the black and white with the coloured succulent. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background you stamped and that sentiment is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute... this is a fun idea, and awesome center focus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh...love the black and white with the pop of color on the succulent! You've colored it sooo perfectly, too! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing! The background is just perfect and the black and white makes the colored image pop right out. Love it Katie Girl! :-)

    ReplyDelete