Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #261











Hi there everyone and happy Tuesday Wednesday!  :)  Here we are for another Timeless Tuesday Challenge, the wonderfully talented Allison is our hostess and the theme this week is "Mask"eurade! That's right....today we get to either mask off part of our project or use a stencil or if you really want to get into it, you can do both!  You can read all of the details here.


Ok, so lately these challenges have really been pushing me out of my little comfort zone of card making....which is a good thing, but it really makes me nervous to then have to turn around and put it out there for everyone to see...lol! I would like to say that I only  made this card once but...there was indeed a little mishap with my embossing folder, soooo this is actually card #2.  For this card, I used the adorable Wild for Watermelon set.  I thought it might make a really cute edge for the side of my card.  I also used an embossing folder to give embossed edges which created a little channel for my masked image strip. There are a lot of great products out there for masking, but I do this technique so infrequently I just use good ol' Post It notes plus some extra removable adhesive and they work great for me!   I first masked off the strip so I could stamp my watermelons using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Then, I added masks for my watermelons so I could stamp my seeds.  Next, I removed the masks from the watermelons (leaving the masks along the edges) so I could color my images.  After the coloring was done, I sponged on some Ranger Distress ink in Mowed Lawn to give the image strip a little more dimension.  After that I removed the masks from the edges to reveal my finished strip.


The rest of the card came together super quick....I stamped my sentiment, tied on a little twine and a button and then layered my panel with some gingham paper and then some black card stock and that was it!  Another CAS card.....maybe I am starting to get the hang of them!  I really like the embossed edge on both sides of the images!


Well, that is all for my masked card this week!  I hope you got some inspiration here to create your own...but before you do, please check out what my team mates have created for you!  I am sure there are amazing things for you to see...and make sure you leave them a little blog love while you are there!  Also, make sure you link up your creation to the Flourishes site....I can't wait to see what you come up with!  :)  I am so glad you  could stop by today...you take care and I'll be seeing you again soon!  

~Katie

Supplies:  
Stamps:  Wild for Watermelon
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Ink "Mowed Lawn"
Paper:  Flourishes Classic White card stock; black and white gingham paper-Making Memories; black card stock
Other:  green and white baker's twine-American Crafts; button; Cuttlebug "Pinking Stitch" embossing folder for border; Post it notes; Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics B die set
And these Copic colors: YG11, YG13, YG17, YG67, R20, R22, R24, R27, R29, and R59.

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Now I'm ready for watermelon AND summer! What a gorgeous creation, Katie! Amazing coloring on those melon slices, and the bg you made out of seeds and sponging, gives them some serious POP! Love the channel you made with the embossing folder, too, and that red button looks like you carved it right out of a watermelon. I don't think you need to worry about your CAS skills--at all! You've got it going ON!!! And, BTW...HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Girlie!!! Hope it a fabulous day for you! ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job with the masking and such a happy card to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Katie! The watermelon look good enough to eat. Super cute idea and fabulous coloring. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How friggin' ADORABLE is that?!?! I totally love the watermelon masking Katie! I just love that touch of gingham too - totally sets off your beautiful colouring and design! I wanna be the artist in YOU some day... LOL! Super fab card this week!

    Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is truly darling, Katie! So many things to love on this clean and pretty card -- the expertly created watermelon border, the embossed edges, the gingham, button, and twine. It's all just perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A FABULOUS CARD KATIE!!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!:) IT'S PERFECT!!! WHAT ALOT OF MASKING TOO!!! ;) It was WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!:)

    I SEE, it's your BIRTHDAY!!!! "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" Katie!!!! May your day be BLESSED with LOVE & KINDNESS!!! AND LOTS OF CAKE & ICE CREAM!!!:) ((((HUGS!!!!))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Katie! Love the clean look and your cool embossing you did! I understand what you mean about pushing your comfort zone and then having to actually share your creation. :) You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah Katie girl another amazingly clever design. That embossed and masked strip turned out so cute. You definitely have mastered CAS cards my friend. This is super duper inspiration for the challenge. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is YUMMY! LOVE it!

    My parade post is up now if you want to come by and take a look.
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/2014/03/flourishes-blog-parade.html
    Crafty hugs,
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see that Wednesday post cuz I came lookin Tuesday. Cute play on words with those delish lookin melon slices, that look sooooo good. One sweet and lovely card my friend!

    ReplyDelete