Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday #230





Hi everyone and welcome back for another Timeless Tuesday Challenge!  Today, I am the hostess and my challenge to you is "Christmas in July"...but with a catch!  You have to make a card that is semi flat for mailing....so no lumpy bumpy envelopes or big bows on this one(FTTC230)!

                           Timeless-Tuesday-New-Logo                               

I did say semi flat so there is a tad of wiggle room....mostly for me, because I don't do many completely flat cards...lol!  You can see all of the details here.  So here is my completed card for the challenge...


I used two stamp sets for this card.  The holly is from Naturally Merry and the sentiment is from Trimmed with Love.  I stamped  my holly and berries on Flourishes Classic White card stock then colored them in with copics and then fussy cut a few sections out to frame my sentiment.  The card is made using the Spellbinders' set Radiant Rectangles.  I cut out my shapes using Flourishes' Classic Ivory card stock, edged some in Ranger's Antique Linen Distress Ink and then in my trusty Krylon 18KT Gold Leafing pen and then reassembled them on my card base.  I stamped the sentiment, added my holly leaves and Voila....instant semi flat Christmas card!  As a final step, I did use some Ranger Glossy Accents on my berries to give them a little shine.  I also used a product that the amazingly talented Jenny Gropp told me about...Collall.  It is a silicone product that acts like a glue and gives some dimension all in one.  I had a brief learning curve with it (i.e.  I made a mess the first time with it...lol) but once I got the hang of it, this works great!  You can actually shape your fussy cut pieces and this product will hold its shape while giving a little dimension..and best of all, it dries clear.   I got mine at Impressive Ideas on a recent shopping trip and I do think this will be a staple in my crafting.  Here is a close up so you can see the detail of these amazing holly leaves, berries, and the beautiful sentiment.


Isn't the detail on the die cuts beautiful too?  I love this die set!  Well, I hope you have gotten inspired to make your own semi flat Christmas card, but don't stop here...you will find inspiration galore by checking out my team mates' creations...I am sure they will be gorgeous!  Oh, and if you haven't heard....Flourishes is having a Christmas in July SALE!  Yes, you read that right....ALL of their Christmas stamps are 25% off through July 31st!  You can read the details here.  Hope you can play along with us this week, link up your project at Flourishes and you could win a prize!  Your odds go up if you use Flourishes' stamps!  So come on and play and get a head start on your Christmas cards!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

Katie

Supplies:
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo BlackRanger Antique Linen Distress Ink, Krylon 18 KT Gold Leafing Pen,  Stampin' Up! Rich Razzleberry
Dies:  Spellbinders Nestabilities Radiant Rectangles
Other:  Scor Tape, Collall, Ranger Glossy Accents

Copic Color Collections:
 
Plus R89, G20

12 comments:

  1. Oh so elegant! I love that pretty SB card base and gold trim. Beautiful as always, Katie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Miss Katie... Simply gorgeous flat an all. hee hee I need some of the Colloll I think, very clever and I do love the gold edges.... I see a case coming on... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers Katie! Another one... hit right out of the park! Lovin' the detail of the dies with your beautiful colouring of the holly sprigs! Truly stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Katie! So elegant and I love the gold border. I'm getting out my Krylon pen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly a gorgeous card..artistic and beyond. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. A true classic! Such a beautiful clean designed card. Your coloring of the holly is outstanding. Great challenge this week, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful and elegant!! I love the embossing and the touch of gold!! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful and elegant, with so much interesting texture, that you'd never notice that it's semi-flat! Gorgeous card and great challenge this week, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like something that would be attached to a present for someone like the Queen. Amazingly classy and elegant. You and that Krylon pen are a match made in heaven girl. I'll have to check out the Collal. I love dimension so would probably like this. This will be getting pinned for sure. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Katie, this looks too beautiful to be made of paper! It looks just like a Lenox porcelain frame! And, OMGosh, I can't get over how well you cut out the holly images--even those teeny little stems! I have a feeling I may be saying this on every one of your cards, but this is my favorite of all your cards! I am in awe of your talent, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww girlfriend, I love Christmas and I love this card. Layers(flat layers - teehee) of loveliness. Just understated enough to be perfect. Know what you mean about the Collal - I love using that stuff. Look forward to Tuesdays and seeing all your lovely work. Hugs

    ReplyDelete