Friday, April 12, 2013

Zinnias for You



Happy Friday, Everybody!  Hope you all have big plans for the weekend!  I am planning on some crafty time this weekend....yay!  I wanted to share this card and play along with the Flourishes' Summer Lovin' challenge.  You can check out all the details here.  When I think of summer, I can't help but think of all the brightly colored zinnias in the nurseries.  I just love going and looking at all  those beautiful flowers!  I couldn't decide what color was my favorite so I colored them up in a variety of colors using my Copics.  This stamp set is called Zinnias and is from Flourishes....isn't it gorgeous?  I just love their illustrations because they are so detailed.  Definitely fun to color!  The rest of the card is very simple...I used a Spellbinders die for my card shape and then just matted my colored image with some blue paper from DCWV.  Oh, I also played around with a new goodie I ordered a couple of weeks ago...see that sweet little tag?  That is the Classic Tags die from Flourishes....so cute!  The sentiment is from another Flourishes set called Tag Lines.  The ribbon and buttons finish this card off.  I am so happy I could play along this week and look forward to seeing what everyone else created!  Have a great weekend!

Supplies:  Zinnas, Tag Lines stamp sets, Tag die and Classic White cardstock from Flourishes; Blue textured cardstock from DCWV brights 12 x 12 paper pad; Very Vanilla ribbon, foam dimensionals-SU!; Buttons, twine, Chamomile ink-PTI;  Large Labels, Lattice Rectangles dies-Spellbinders;  Tumbled Glass Distress Ink-Ranger; Tuxedo Black ink-Memento; Copics

10 comments:

  1. Oh, this card is beautiful!!!! Love your colored zinnias, row of buttons and pretty bow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Katie, I love the zinnias and sweet row of buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl...that class was worth every dime! You are amazing!!! Lymi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply gorgeous Katie...love how you colored this awesome image and the tag on the side is a great addition! Thank you for joining us in the summer challenge...~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those wonderful flowers! Katie, they simply Sing! I love your Copic coloring & shading! And I am so in awe & in love with how everything looks so effortless and gorgeous!

    Thank you for playing Flourishes Summer Challenge!
    ~ Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring has sprung for sure on this lovely card. You rocked it on the coloring girlfriend. Your love of gardening shows in these pretty posies. The buttons and that sweet little tag just bring it all together perfectly. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful! I love your pretty colored Zinnia's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely beautiful! Your coloring is great - you make mewant this stamp and be afraid of it at the same!! Great inspiration.
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie this is gorgeous. Your coloring rocks and I love love the frame! Thanks for playing in Flourishes Summer Lovin challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your win at Flourishes!!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL and love the colouring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete